Saturday, September 12, 2009

Not much to report

Mia is still on the ventilator and still receiving treatments from the respiratory team which involves taking a vibrating disc like machine to the back of her left side to loosen whatever may be in the lung. After the treatment they suction her out through her nose and mouth. This morning they loosened through suction some "fresh blood" and the doctors are thinking it could be a clot that might be responsible for the collapse. Obviously it is a wait and see approach. The good news is that it is a matter of "when" will the lung regain its full function not "if". Tonight they will do another chest x-ray to check her progress. Everything else looks good and I just continue to pray that we overcome this setback soon.

A few people have e-mailed me and asked me if it would be okay to link our blog to theirs so others can pray. We absolutely believe in the power of prayer and would appreciate the prayers so feel free to add our link to your blog if you would like.


Carey and Norman said...

Thinking of you and praying for your family and Mia. May God continue to work miracles in her life and help her gain the necessary strength to be taken off the ventilator once again.

God Bless you-

Anonymous said...

I just read the blogs from the past few days. Oh, my heart is with you all. It was difficult to read your process, but Doug and I believe with you; we are with you in prayer. The good is knowing Mia is in Jesus' hands. Thank you for journaling your thoughts as you go through it. - Candy

Kimberly said...

Sending thoughts and prayers!

Shannon said...

That is GOOD news! Georgia had to have respiratory therapy treatments as well due to fluid around her lungs, it is amazing how well it works! I am praying for you guys that you have strength to weather all of this. Hang in there!!!!