Sunday, September 13, 2009

Making progress

I talked to Dan earlier this morning and he said Mia's left lung is looking great! In fact there is talk about removing the ventilator this afternoon. At this point they are begining to ween her from the vent to see how she tolerates it. Her heart is also continuing to regain its rhythm so we are hopeful that it will fully continue to heal and a pacemaker will not be needed.

Today the plan is to go to Ethan's soccer game this afternoon and then head up to the hospital. Part of me wants to be there "if" they remove the vent but the other part thinks it will do me some good so be out of the hospital and with the boys. I really feel like I need to experience some of our "normal" life. I feel so much better after a good night's sleep and being at home. I really needed this.

2 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm so glad you are taking care of yourself. It's so important. Keep the updates coming. We're continuing to keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

Wendy in OH said...

Sounds like great news to me! Gotta take care of you if you are to take care of the rest of the family...momma is the glue you know...soon you'll be cradling that little munchkin in your arms again...still praying!