Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Giving it to God

I am still waiting to meet with the surgeon but I have talked to the cardiologist and nurses and the plan is for a pacemaker to be placed tommorow. Again, this is not exactly what I want to hear and I am still believing that some miraculous healing will happen and it won't be necessary. I have decided today to stand firm on my faith that God will heal Mia and will give us the strength to face these challenges. Instead of letting the reports of today cause an emotional drain on me I am going to continue to confess what God says. He will give us strength, He is our healer, He is able to meet all our needs, He never leaves us or forsakes us. I have quit trying to determine in my head why all of this is happening and have chosen this moment to draw closer to God and to rely on Him when my own understanding fails. I know He does not want us to be in a state of confusion but of peace. I know He has a plan for Mia and though I do not know that plan I have to trust it.

8 comments:

Wendy in OH said...

Glad to hear you are holding your head up high and placing your trust in the Lord.

Wendy

Musings from Kim K. said...

May the Lord give you the strength and courage. Please know that many people are praying for Mia and your family.

Kim K.

Kathy said...

Dear Melinda,

I am a follower of Shannon Miller's blog and through her was led to yours. I have been praying for Mia and your family ever since and will continue to do so. Mia is such a dear little thing and she deserves to get well and be healthy and strong. As you travel this path with her, continue to trust in the Lord, and He will guide you. May you have the strength, the courage, and the love that you need to help Mia through this difficult time. When you feel weary, please remember that we're all here praying for you and Mia. You're not alone.

Sincerely,

Kathy Smith

Shannon said...

Melinda...
The verse I have been praying for you this morning has been Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight"
You are doing a beautiful job of leaning on the Lord. This path looks very different than you planned or what you may want but I have no doubt that He will make it straight and that He will use it for His glory in Mia's life.
I am praying for you. I know it may not feel like but you are exuding Christ right now in your humble trust. One of my favorite sayings is that people are like teabags, it isn't until they are in the hotwater that you see what they are truly made of.
You, my friend, are beautiful through and through!!!!!

Carey and Norman said...

So wonderful to read this post and see that you are relying on God to give you strength and endurance. I think when we give it to God, we begin to see change. I'm the worst to try to take control and handle each and every situation, but then I'm reminded that he is the great healer! There are some things that we cannot control and we must be faithful in knowing that he will provide!!

My prayers are with you and Mia!

Donna said...

First off, I apologize for not being here more often, and not knowing what's been going on with little Mia. I'm so sorry! I will pray for Mia, and trust God along with you that His plan for her life will come...praying for healing and strength for all. Hugs, Donna

Pamela said...

Praying for you!!

Unknown said...

Standing with you.