Thursday, December 06, 2007

"I know who Santa Claus is.......

and who Mrs. Claus is. My friends told me." This is what Ethan said to me as soon as he came home from school today. As I prepare myself to honestly answer his questions, I quickly make sure that Logan and Christian are out of ear shot. I take a deep breath and ask him "Who do you think they are?" He rambles off a girl's name and boy's name from his class and says "They are Santa and Mrs. Claus in the school play." I breathe a sigh of relief.

I know the day is coming that he will "learn the truth." After all is is ten years old and I know there are probably some kids in his class who "know the truth" but thankfully today was not the day that "the truth" was revealed to him.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Melinda,

I can so relate. Jon Milledge is 11 and I know that he probably knows the truth but I think he can't bear to tell...which is fine! I just keep telling both of them that as long as they believe, Santa will come. :)

Unknown said...

So cute!

Kimberly said...

What a relief, I'm not looking forward to the day when they really do figure out who Santa is. I'm glad you still have another year or more with Ethan not knowing who Santa really is.