Monday, October 26, 2009

Floor time

We have a couple appointments scheduled to have Mia evaluated for physical and occupational therapy. Unfortunately the one center that offers for the therapists to come out to your home for the therapy has a wait list of 2-3 months. We are going to fill out the paperwork to get on the list but in the meantime have another appointment at a local international adoption clinic for a second evaluation this week. Tommorow Mia has her 6 week cardiologist appointment at 8:00am. Oh how I dread, dread, dread, walking back into that hospital. The memories are still too fresh in the mind. This will definitely be a Starbucks worthy morning and it will be my first stop at the hospital. I might even order an extra shot and a venti just to get me through the morning full of test and what I am sure will be a tired and uncooperative girl!

We try to have alot of floor time at home. Most days Mia is all for it and cooperates. She is generally a happy little girl but today she fussed and I decided it was camera worthy and deserved to be documented. Of course the fussing didn't last long especially after she noticed the camera was out!



















8 comments:

Chris said...

She looks much more healthy in my estimation!!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Best wishes with your appt tomorrow. I'll be anxious for updates. I'm sure it will go well. When we went back to the hospital for a follow-up appt Josie yelled "no no no" very loudly the entire time. At least it wasn't screaming. Mia is such alittle cutie. Keep me posted on PT and OT too. Hugs!!

Courtney said...

She is so cute. Hopefully everyone makes it through the Dr.'s appointment tomorrow. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lindy said...

She looks so sweet. Her hair is really getting long!

Carey and Norman said...

Very sweet! Mia is beautiful!

TanyaLea said...

Praying that your appointments tomorrow go well. And I definitely think you should stop at Starbucks make your order with an extra shot and a venti... it's a well-deserved treat!! :)

Love the photos... could she be any cuter!?! I think not! :)

Hugs,
Tanya

Pamela said...

Definitely have to get a Starbucks on the way to the hospital... I am sure it is not a happy place in your mind and Mia's.... will be praying for you... On the bright side, Mia is a cutie even when she seems to be fussy :) She really is looking healthy. Praying all is well and that you get out of that hospital with nothing but good news!

Shannon said...

Melinda! She is as cute as could be! I will be praying for you. We just did georgia's follow-up appointment and it was so very strange to be back at the hospital and all of the feelings that brought up. Praying for Mia that she sails right through!!!! Hang in there and definitely get that big Starbucks!!!!!