Friday, January 18, 2008

Procrastinating

PROCRASTINATOR. Yep thats me. Not in all areas of my life but when it comes to updating our homestudy and getting our immunizations I have been a big time procrastinator. We received our packet to start the homestudy update last week and it has been sitting on my dresser untouched ever since. I briefly looked through it but got discouraged. Do we really need another fire inspection? What has changed in two years? We haven't moved. Here's what we need.

1. Fill out another application
2. Submit another letter of employment
3. Update our financial sheet
4. Get child abuse clearance
5. Get refingerprinted at the local police station
6. Update everyone's medical forms
7. Get another fire inspection
8. We need another reference letter

Now granted this definitely is not as in depth as the first go around but I really did not think I would need to be doing two paperchases for one adoption. Anyway it is what it is and we will start the process of updating soon. Our social worker said that at the very latest to start in early April so I have a few months to go.

Onto the next task I have been putting off. We need to get started on our immunizations for our China trip. Angie's blog reminded me that we need to get going on this. I am terrified of shots! In fact I can't remember the last time I actually had a shot but I think I would rather have an IV than a shot! I need to look into this further but we are going to need Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, and possibly a Typhoid shot. I need to look into the Typhoid shot as through my limited research I do not see this being given as one of the more routine shots but it is recommended on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website. I also know I will need a Tetanus booster. Since these immunizations are given in a series I know we need to get started. So those of you who are not procrastinating and have begun your immunizations how bad is it? Honest responses appreciated!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with all the paperwork. We decided to hold off, but our day will come.

I am impressed that you are starting immunizations as well.

Angie said...

UGGHHH! I really hate having to do all of this over again and chances are we will have to do it a third time as well.
Honestly, the Hep A and B shot was not bad. My arm was a little sore with the first round but this week with the second round, it was not sore at all! YIPPPEE! Good luck! Let me know how it goes!

Pamela Askew said...

Melinda,
I hear you about the paperwork! It seems so ridiculous to me that you have to go through so much... especially since NOTHING has changed!! I guess you'll see that Mia is worth it in the end. I have had my Hep A, B, and Tetanus shots already... completed my last round a few months ago.... it really wasn't too bad! The tatanus hurt more than the others but to me, shots are shots and I mostly hate the sore feeling afterwards. BLESSINGS!!!!