Monday, June 15, 2009

New pictures of Mia!




I opened my e-mail today to find a updated pictures of Mia! It was an answer to prayer because I have really been praying for some new pictures and an update on our little girl! Unfortuantely the orphanage gave her a new "summer do" and shaved her head! Forget the hairbows and bring on the sunblock and summer hats!

I e-mailed our agency because in her initial reports it states that she is in foster care but her update mentions the orphanage a couple times. I am hoping we get our TA within the next couple of weeks so that we can travel in July. For now her new pictures have made my day!



7 comments:

Pamela said...

She is so precious, Melinda!!! I am sorry about the shaved head :( bummer! But, thankfully, hair DOES grow and you'll soon be using those cute little bows you've had and will probably buy more than you could ever use :) I am sure you are dying to go get her! Can't wait to follow on your journey and I'll be praying along with you that you get to travel in July.
Blessings!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Maybe you can sneak some scotch tape into your luggage and tape a few bows on her sweet little head. Josie's hair was just starting to grow back from her summer shaves when we got her in March of 08. Now, she has thick lovely hair. Thank goodness it grows fast. Mia is precious.

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

Sweet photos. You will just have to resort to the hairbands and you can attach the pretty hairbows to those as well. Not much longer and she is just adoreable. :)

Sarah said...

Yay! An answer to prayer! How wonderful =)
Mia looks absolutely precious. Hope I get to meet her when we travel too!

Sarah

Jaime said...

She is such a beauty bald and all! :-)

Kimberly said...

I'm sorry they decided on a new summer do for her but she's still an adorable little girl and I"m glad you've thought positively and have gotten some headbands..I'm sure she'll look adorable as can be in them!

Karmen and Greg said...

Great pictures, Melinda! She is so beautiful. Pam is right ... the hair will grow. The photos are a real blessing!