Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pontoon boat and fishing

































Last Thursday my dad, my brother Chris (who was in from California for the wedding), my grandma, and Dan and I and the boys went out on a pontoon boat on the lake to do some fishing. I have to admit that this was the first time my boys have ever been fishing. It is kind of pathetic for a mom of 3 boys! I struggle with doing outdoorsy things (again pathetic) because I am a indoors type of girl. Not that I don't like being outside but camping, fishing, swimming in a lake, and bugs are not my thing. I kind of worried about how my boys would do fishing. They are pretty active (aren't most boys?) and from what I have heard fishing requires patience. Ethan and Logan did really well and enjoyed it despite not catching a thing. Christian on the other hand had no interest! I followed his lack of interest when it came to baiting the hook. There was no way I was going to put a worm on the hook and toss it out into the water so I left the baiting to the experts!

I loved riding on the boat and that is my type of "outdoor" activity! Lunch on the lake~yep I am all for that! Fishing was peaceful but I can't imagine spending an entire day sitting waiting for a bite! What I loved most about that day is the memories that my boys will have of fishing with their grandpa and Uncle Chris.




1 comment:

Karmen and Greg said...

I'm with you Melinda -- fishing is NOT for me -- boating, however I just love! Looks like you had a great time as a family regardless. Your boys sure are adorable!

Karmen