Wednesday, May 07, 2008

In search of the perfect tan....

With the warm weather approaching I have been searching for a good self tanner. I have in summers past just gone to the tanning booth but since I am getting older and more aware of the damaging effects of the sun I am looking for alternate options. Plus I am too lazy and uninterested in laying in a tanning bed for 20 minutes. I have tried all different kinds of self tanners. I tried the spray mist, the lotion, the gel, and the mousse. Currently I am trying Lancome's Flash Bronzer Glow n Wear in the gel form. So far I have been please with it but I find that just like any of the previous self tanners I have tried you have to be very careful when you apply it or you will get a streaky effect. I really have only noticed it when I have been in a hurry and quickly applied it. I don't care what anyone says there is no streak free tanner! If it isn't applied properly it streaks! For now my search has ended but I am still considering baking myself in a tanning bed one month before the wedding to ensure an even tan.



1 comment:

Donna said...

Maybe I'll try that one. I have very fair skin and don't tan very well. The tanning booth does give me a teensy bit of color, but it's such a hassle to get there. I do realize that having a tan isn't nearly as important as it used to be, I guess I'm beginning to accept my God-given fair skin :)