Friday, December 04, 2009

Family pictures




We returned to the photo studio this past weekend to have our family pictures taken. It had been (gulp) six years since we have had our family picture taken and since we now have our sweet little Mia we were in desperate need of a new photo. Oh how I dread, seriously dread, getting family pictures taken! Did I just type that!? I love the result (usually) but it is so much work! Coordinating outfits, getting everyone dressed, trying to keep outfits clean and ironed until after pictures, and oh yeah getting six people to smile or at least make it appear that we all like each other (just kidding!).

Anyway I really should go downstairs and scan these pictures so the "kiddie kandids" stamp is not on them but truth be told I am too lazy and I need to get Mia to PT. I also need to do an update post on Miss Mia because she really is progressing nicely but I will save that for another day very soon I promise.

*Ugh and I just realized "the stamp" is right across Mia's face in the kids picture!

7 comments:

Tara Anderson said...

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful family!!!

Valerie and Jeff said...

You guys did a great job! But I'm totally with you on the stress of family photos. I guess that's why we haven't done it since 2 children ago! Oh my. It's time to update that I guess. What a keepsake it will be to cherish and look back on. (And to chuckle about when you think about what went on behind those smiling photos!)

Musings from Kim K. said...

You did good. I'm impressed with your photoshoot. We never did a formal one after Josie came home. You are really pushing me to get this done. Thanks for the reminder, Melinda!! Merry Christmas, friend!!

Lindy said...

What a nice family picture. Your boys are so handsome. Mia looks like she is holding the reigns!

Wendy in OH said...

Melinda, the pictures are wonderful, looks like everyone survived the "pain", even Dan!

Nikki said...

Wow, they turned out really nice!

Nikki
www.madebynikki.blogspot.com

Pamela Askew said...

Pictures look great! I know how it is to get all the people ready and excited for pictures!!