Saturday, November 29, 2008

Our Thanksgiving recap












We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year! My sister and brother in law hosted Thanksgiving at their house this year. We arrived at their house on Wednesday night after almost 6 hours in the car. Usually it takes about 3 1/2 hours to get to their house but there was an accident on the highway and it was shut down for over 5 hours so we had to take an alternate route. As soon as we got there the work began! My sister and brother in law were hard at work before we got there and I think my brother in law was especially excited to see me so he could be excused from his "duties." We started on the stuffing and made a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake.

On Thursday morning had to get "Tom the turkey" ready. It is worth mentioning that Danielle and I have never made a turkey. I know it sounds pathetic especially for me but Thanksgiving is usually held at my parent's house or my aunt's house. With that being said cleaning "Tom" out was quite the experience! We let Brian clean out the "insides" though he tried to pawn this duty off on me several times! After about 45 minutes of a few mishaps and some extra cleaning "Tom" was ready to meet his fate~the oven!

Thanksgiving was complete with stuffing, mashed potaoes and gravy, corn, green bean casserole, rolls, pumpkin pie, apple crisp, cheesecake, brownies and of course good ole "Tom." The best part of Thanksgiving for us (besides the food and leftovers) was being able to spend it with friends and family. We are very blessed!


1 comment:

Ruth said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!