Thursday, September 18, 2008

Bullets~again!

~We have been busy with football and soccer practices every weeknight. This makes me wonder how I would get anything accomplished if I had to work. My hat is off to working moms who manage to work and get their kids to their various activites, get dinner on the table, do homework, pack lunches, clean, catch up on laundry etc. I am tired just thinking about it!

~Speaking of soccer and football it has been an interesting year so far. Ethan is on a new traveling soccer team and they have had 6 games and only won 1 game so far. We knew this would be a challenging season with the team being new but it is hard to see the disappointment on his face as he walks off the field at the end of the game. Quite the opposite, Logan's football team is undefeated and his games always end with alot of cheering, excitement, and big smiles! And then there is Christian. He has only had one soccer game and he scored 6 goals! To be fair he has played a couple of seasons and is six years old so for some of these kids this is their first year playing. I would say he has quite an advantage over them.

~I went to a Pampered Chef party last week and ordered from another. My new purchases include the food chopper(how did I manage to survive without this?), a large serving spatula, a mini serving spatula, a garlic press, and the ice cream dipper. I have to say I have the ice cream dipper but it isn't suppose to go into the dishwasher and since Dan thinks any dirty utensil belongs in the dishwasher it is a dark shade of gray instead of the shiny silver it should be.

~About that ladybug on our timeline.....it will be two years on Saturday since we were LID. I wonder what will happen to the little ladybug once she gets to the end of the timeline. Will she just fall off? Or will our timeline continue to increase? I would love for her to fall off and our wait be over. I am trying to be patient and some days are better than others. Everytime the phone rings I hope it is our agency calling with a match. When I see that it isn't I can't help but feel a little dissappointed. So if you call and I seem dissappointed don't take it too personally~you just aren't "THE CALL."

~I have found another distraction or addiction during the wait~Facebook! I think it is great that you can connect with friends and see what they are up to. I am loving my new addiction!





No comments: